J-Trace PRO for Cortex-M is setting a new standard for trace probes. It enables continuous streaming trace via its Gigabit Ethernet interface, lifting the limitations by internal buffers and slow data transmission.
J-Trace PRO can capture complete traces over long periods - thereby enabling the recording of infrequent, hard-to-reproduce bugs. This is particularly helpful when the program flow 'runs off the rails' and stops in a fault state.
It also supports extended trace features, such as code coverage (so engineers have visibility of which parts of the application code have been executed) and execution profiling (providing visibility as to which instructions have been executed and how often - so hotspots can be addressed and optimization opportunities identified).
- Supports Streaming Trace (trace data is streamed to PC/debugger in real time, unlimited trace buffer)
- Has all the J-Link functionality
- Gigabit Ethernet interface
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface (1.2 GBit/s)
- JTAG speed: 50 MHz
- Works with all currently available Cortex-M devices up to 300 MHz trace clock
- Supports tracing on Cortex-M0/M0+/M1/M3/M4/M7 targets
- Free software updates 1, two years of support
- 64 MB on-board trace buffer for legacy one-shot tracing mode